WoTG Update

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

CC_Sly #1 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

Community Coordinator

• Developer
  • 257 battles

Some unfortunate news I am afraid.

http://wotgenerals.com/en/news/pc-browser/announcements/wotg-ceasing-development/

Please read the WoT Generals Game and Forum rules.

Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA TOS

Find us on Facebook & Twitter!

Arrowfoot #2 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Alpha Tester
  • 1504 battles
That's just great......Thanks for all you guys did, now go away.  I feel so much better knowing it was a hard choice for the to make, but not hard enough to refund money we put into the game or time... They could have worked on making a mobile game, but its just easier to screw us over. Another in the growing list of WG failures, and the people they hurt are just their customers and they don't really care.

johnmadara #3 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:40 PM

Private

• Alpha Tester
  • 9 battles
Wot Generals is the least advertised game, in all of my time I have only gotten one email about the game and other wise would never have heard of it... not having a big player base is the cause of stopped production but tying wot missions or specials to this game would greatly increase players who try this game out

tanky_the_tank #4 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 831 battles
Can you pass along message to WG, you can have best game in world and it doesn't matter if players can't PLAY it. Get enough players into game before you try to micro balance them. Put bots or w/e in game so we can keep playing. Best game in world would have shut down with this much mm waiting.

Arrowfoot #5 Posted 15 April 2016 - 04:58 PM

Lance-corporal

• Alpha Tester
  • 1504 battles
They never advertised it, it was always like an after thought. You see all kinds of free games advertised,  but I have NEVER seen any kind of ad for this. This game screams for mobile play, but instead they stick with that P O S mobile game they have. So many things could have been done to turn this game around, if any one at WG cared, but they are to busy with WoT2 and other game to give this one any attention. I will play some of their games, I will never again spend any money on any WG product and every night before my head hits the pillow I will ask the good lord above to close the doors on WG forever. Have a nice day.

alexbuildit #6 Posted 15 April 2016 - 06:21 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 485 battles
Dang nab it. Enjoyed it while it lasted.

awesomeplayer9690 #7 Posted 15 April 2016 - 09:54 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 419 battles

Sly, how COULD YOU?

Wargaming, I do respect your decision, but I really do not want this to turn into a *koff koff World of Warplanes koff koff*.

I don't know, maybe you could still update the game, but don't make it your priority. Whenever you guys have time, do it, and if not, we will wait (no worry, we are used to long waiting times).

Oh well, *plays last post*.

I would like to see what your next plans are, as I am an enthusiastic supporter of Wargaming.

See you guys on the batt-

Oh yeah, I forgot, longer waiting times.

"RIP WOTG, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MEMORY. YOU MAY DIE AS A BODY, BUT YOU WILL LIVE ON AS A LEGEND."

Tpaktop2_1 #8 Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:21 AM

Sergeant

• Alpha Tester
  • 1421 battles

This announcement reminds me of this

:(:(:( Thank you CC_Sly for all that you have done. You kept me in the game when i needed it.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1, 16 April 2016 - 05:24 AM.

So long and thanks for the fish!

ScumbagJuJu #9 Posted 16 April 2016 - 06:18 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1455 battles
I am very sad. Can I take over the social media for it and plug it everywhere.

"I Shoot Gold Rounds To Show My Contempt For The Enemy's Poverty"

SylintKnightEvo #10 Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Alpha Tester
  • 24 battles
I would have played more if it was available for Android. I kinda think global matchmaking might be able to save this game....

bane_of_yoott #11 Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:03 PM

Lance-corporal

• Alpha Tester
  • 1490 battles
WG invests years of development into a game, then invests 0 into marketing said game, then abandons ship 6 months after release and wonders why people didnt play. theres a difference between a title failing because its awful, like WoWP, and a title failing because no one knows about it, because you didnt tell anyone it exists, like with WoTG. 

WGLNA Gold League for WoT

WoWP CBT

WoWS CBT

WoTG F&F/alpha

FlammeumDraco333 #12 Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 173 battles
Literally if they just posted a few advertisements around the other game forums, they could have probably tripled the playerbase in a matter of weeks...

I'm a sealclubbing, bot slaughtering noob.

bane_of_yoott #13 Posted 17 April 2016 - 10:12 PM

Lance-corporal

• Alpha Tester
  • 1490 battles

View PostFlammeumDraco333, on 17 April 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Literally if they just posted a few advertisements around the other game forums, they could have probably tripled the playerbase in a matter of weeks...

this. and at most tiers the playerbase was already almost at good levels. the game would have really gained momentum exponentially

WGLNA Gold League for WoT

WoWP CBT

WoWS CBT

WoTG F&F/alpha

ThANK_U #14 Posted 18 April 2016 - 11:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 5358 battles
I hope wargaming will at least allow us to move our unspent gold to tanks or ships.

Edited by ThANK_U, 18 April 2016 - 11:01 AM.

ScumbagJuJu #15 Posted 18 April 2016 - 04:08 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1455 battles
Very very sad new's. As much as I hate to say it this game in 6 months or less will be withered away and dead with a couple people still trying to play. The game starts to die now.... :(

Mieter #16 Posted 19 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

Lance-corporal

• Alpha Tester
  • 56 battles

I agree a 100% with votato. The 0 amount of ads for WotG was just crazy. I've been here since alpha like most people who replied to this topic, let me tell you my experience with WoTG as a "farewell gift" to WG, maybe they will learn something, who knows:

I was pretty excited when I heard about Generals. Then I got an email that WoTG is recruiting peeps for Alpha and then Closed Beta. Great! I joined in, started playing, enjoyed the game even though it was a bit weird at first. Then a while later they announced that Closed Beta is over, you'll get a reward but not until it comes live. I'm like, ooookaaaay, sounds fishy but whatever. Then the NA server was closed for months and months and months, while EU/RU Open Beta'd... 'lolwut'?

I kept checking back and made sure that I was signed up for any news regarding the game (nobody sent me anything, by the way. No 'hey, we are still alive, testing is limited to this area, here are the patch notes just in case you were wondering', nothing). One day, the game was magically back up! lolwut 2!!! No emails, no announcements, nothing, it was just there. Now, months later it's closing time.

Protip #72: if you want a game to succeed, you should try advertising it. But you should know this since all the other WG games are plastered all over my google search results and my facebook wall.

Great game with immense potential (the last patch was wicked good), and ignored by the marketing department. Not cool, peeps.

Edited by Mieter, 19 April 2016 - 12:23 PM.

ScumbagJuJu #17 Posted 25 April 2016 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 1455 battles
This is where I say goodbye. Game will slowly die so I will not spend my time and money on this game anymore. Anyone I played, thank you for sharing your time and gaming with me! Back to blitz full time for me! o7 and good luck all! I have played my last generals match.

awesomeplayer9690 #18 Posted 28 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 419 battles

Locking Thread. Non-Constructive. Causing Unrest.

osht

"RIP WOTG, YOU WILL ALWAYS BE IN MEMORY. YOU MAY DIE AS A BODY, BUT YOU WILL LIVE ON AS A LEGEND."

awesomeplayer9690 #19 Posted 28 April 2016 - 11:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Player
  • 419 battles
Boy, it sure is BORING around here...

tristancat101 #20 Posted 11 July 2016 - 12:23 PM

Private

• Player
  • 96 battles

could the users take over developing some parts of the game(like designing the matchmaking or UI)

Also tagged with WoTG, Update

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users